Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcoming Julbo - Sponsoring my Eyeballs

I have been working with Julbo in many different capacities for a few years now. Too have them back my endeavor from Dane to Davenport is even more wonderful.

I recently wrote a review of a great many of their sunglasses here. In fact,I have had more than a few people mention I seem to always have sunglasses on. Granted, I am not Jack Nicholson cool enough to wear sunglasses indoors but I do indeed find myself covering my eyes as much as possible.  I remember when I failed my first eye exam.  Hated it.  Felt like I was a failure. Like my eyes were imperfect and there was nothing I could do about it. Well, lo and behold ways to fix your eyes came around and in 2005 I got LASIK.

First off, I can't believe it has been 8.5 years since I got the surgery. That is just weird. Second, when people asked me if I could tell the difference the most important thing I could tell them was I could see the clock when I woke up in the middle of the night.  Second, opening my eyes in a ppool and not losing a contact was a wonderful thing to do as well.

What does this have to with Julbo? Well, with vision corrected to 20/10 I protect my eyes as much as I can. I don't wear sunscreen as much as I should and my diet could be a little better (lean beef is about my only saving graces some times) but I will be darned if I am not going to do what I can to keep my peepers protected. And if they are stylishly protected, well then that is even better.

So, if you don't see much of my eyes during the Dane to Davenport it is because they will be covered along the way. When we are safely out of harm's way I will let you stare into them dreamily.

But stand in line and don't shove.

No comments:

Post a Comment